It's been rumored for months now and on Tuesday the news came out that NASCAR driver Justin Allgaier will join Phoenix Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2014 and drive the team's #51 Chevrolet. Allgaier, who made his Sprint Cup Series debut with the organization in 2013, will be one of several contenders contending for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year Award.
BRANDT, Allgaier's sponsorship in the NASCAR Nationwide Series for the last three seasons, will sponsor the effort in 22 of the 36 races on the Sprint Cup Series schedule in 2014. Allgaier is excited for his Sprint Cup Series career to begin.
“This is an opportunity of a lifetime and I intend to make the most of it,” said Allgaier. “I am very grateful to Harry Scott and BRANDT for having faith in me to compete against the best drivers in the world.”
“Justin has worked extremely hard to get to this level and he is ready to take the next step,” said team owner Harry Scott Jr. “Working with competition director and crew chief Steve Addington, I think the No. 51 can turn some heads this year.”
- Harry Scott Jr Buys Phoenix Racing, Justin Allgaier Will Race at Chicagoland Speedway
- Steve Addington Joins Phoenix Racing for 2014
- Nick Harrison Leaves Phoneix Racing, Joins Richard Childress Racing
- Alex Bowman and Ryan Truex to Drive for BK Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
- FAS Lane Racing & Go Green Racing Announce Joint Operation in Sprint Cup Series
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16yj