Sebastian Vettel was named the Sportsman of the Year by European news agencies. The 26-year-old Red Bull Racing driver had a dominating season in Formula 1 and captured his fourth consecutive World Championship.
Vettel won 13 of the 19 Grand Prix events in the 2013 season and will bring an astounding streak of nine consecutive wins into the 2014 season opener in Australia. His only finish worse than fourth all season was when he had a gearbox fail at Silverstone and finished 21st.
His dominance has made the FIA decide to enact a double points rule for the 2014 season finale to try to keep the championship battle alive until the end of the season. It remains to be seen whether or not the double points will stay since the decision has come under a lot of fire.
- The Greatness of Sebastian Vettel and Jimmie Johnson is Hard to Grasp Right Now
- Sebastian Vettel Dominates the Shell Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps
- Sebastian Vettel Ties Two Amazing Formula 1 Records with Brazilian Grand Prix Win
- Sebastian Vettel Wins the United States Grand Prix for His Eighth Straight Victory
- Sebastian Vettel Wins in Korea for Fourth Straight Win of 2013
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1606