Saturday night at Riverhead Raceway Ryan Preece won for the fourth time in 2013 and third consecutive time at the track. Preece passed Timmy Solomito on lap 177 of 200 of the Green Earth Technologies 200 and went onto claim the win.
The 22-year-old Preece now has nine career wins.
Timmy Solomito, who is a 21-year-old regular in the NASCAR All-American Series Modified Division at Riverhead Raceway, won his first career NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour pole in his sixth start. He went onto lead the first 176 laps of the race but slipped back to a third place finish in the closing 24 laps.
"We had a strong car when we started – we started off a little snug," said Preece. "There were quite a few cautions that put us on the outside of Timmy Solomito. But fortunately, all those cautions helped me, as far as making the little adjustments I can make – and that was putting rear brake into the car so I could roll the center. It seemed like every restart, we got a little bit better and a little bit better. And maybe he was getting a little bit freer up off."
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Ryan Preece Makes It Three Straight Whelen Modified Tour Wins at Riverhead Raceway
- Ryan Preece Scores First Career NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Win at Bowman Gray Stadium
- Doug Coby Wins NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Race at Stafford Motor Speedway
- Kyle Ebersole Became a Winner in the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Saturday
- Bobby Santos Wins NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Race at Thompson Speedway
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10va