There are 36 Trucks on the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entry list for this Wednesday's Inaugural Mudsummer Classic at Eldora Speedway. The first dirt track race in a NASCAR national series since 1970 will have 30 of the trucks in the main event race meaning qualifying will take on extra importance this week.
Normally 25 drivers are locked into the starting grid at a normal Truck Series race but for this event only the top 20 teams in owner points will be locked in. Those 20 drivers are Ty Dillon, Jeb Burton, John Wes Townley, Ron Hornaday Jr, Tracy Hines, Timothy Peters, Joey Coulter, Dave Blaney, Ryan Blaney, James Buescher, Miguel Paludo, Austin Dillon, Scott Bloomquist, Darrell Wallace Jr, Dakoda Armstrong, Brendan Gaughan, German Quiroga, Kenny Wallace, Matt Crafton, and Johnny Sauter.
That leaves 16 drivers for the ten open spots. Normal two-lap qualifying starting at 5 p.m. ET will determine the starting positions in the five heat races.
Qualifying Heat Races: 7 p.m. ET on SPEED
• Five qualifying races, eight laps each; only green flag laps count; five trucks transfer from each qualifying race
• Lineup for the qualifying races will be based on qualifying speeds with four locked-in trucks (trucks in the top 20)
• The top-five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying race
• Highest finishing non-locked-in truck will transfer to race from each qualifying race
• At the completion of the qualifying races, 25 trucks will have earned spots into the feature
There will be five spots open in the 30-truck starting grid with 11 trucks left to battle it out in the last chance race.
Last Chance Race: approx. 8:45 p.m. ET on SPEED
• 15 laps; only green flag laps count
• The top-four finishers will transfer to the feature race and start in positions 26-29
• The lineup will be based on the finish from the qualifying races
Starting position 30 will go to the most recent series past champion. If none need to use the position then the fifth place finisher in the last chance race will start 30th.
The 150 lap main event race will start at 9:35 p.m. ET on SPEED.
Tags: Austin Dillon
, Camping World Truck Series
, Dave Blaney
, Eldora Speedway
, Ken Schrader
, Kyle Larson
, Ryan Newman