Austin Dillon beat out Travis Pastrana for the pole for Friday night's NASCAR Nationwide Series Feed the Children 300 at Kentucky Speedway. It's Dillon's seventh career NASCAR Nationwide Series pole and he took the pole at a speed of 175.758mph. Pastrana will join Dillon on the front row for his second front row start of the season.
Starting third in the event is Sam Hornish Jr in the Penske Racing Ford with Trevor Bayne starting fourth. Starting fifth in the race is Kyle Busch and Elliott Sadler will roll off from the sixth position. The seventh starting position belongs to Justin Allgaier and Matt Crafton starts eighth. Crafton is starting his first career NASCAR Nationwide Series race in Richard Childress Racing's #33 Chevrolet. Starting ninth is Cole Whitt in the #44 Toyota and rookie Alex Bowman will round out the top ten.
Other notables in the field include Brian Vickers in 11th, Parker Kligerman in 12th, points leader Regan Smith starts 14th, Brain Scott starts 15th, Brad Sweet starts 16th and Brad Keselowski starts 19th.
There were 41 cars for 40 spots meaning one driver went home. That driver was Dexter Stacey who crashed on his qualifying lap. Stacy's accident allowed 71 year old North Carolina driver Morgan Shepherd to make the field. Shepherd will roll off from the 40th position.
- Austin Dillon Takes the Pole for 5-Hour Energy 200 at Dover International Speedway
- Austin Dillon on the Pole for History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Austin Dillon Sets Nationwide Series Record with Fourth Straight Pole
- Ryan Blaney Wins First Career NCWTS Pole at Kentucky Speedway
- Ty Dillon Wins UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway for Second Truck Win
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/wl5