The Mets will send right hander Wilmer Font (1-0, 5.50 ERA) to the mound today. Font was solid in his Mets’ debut last Wednesday, giving up two runs in four innings against the San Diego Padres, but the Mets ended up losing that game 3-2. The Nationals will counter with lefty Patrick Corbin (3-1, 3.20 ERA). Corbin was excellent in his last start, tossing seven shutout innings to defeat the Los Angeles Dodgers last Thursday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- Font has tossed two scoreless innings against the Nationals in his career.
- Corbin has faced the Mets twice this season, giving up five earned runs in 12 innings pitched, but doesn’t have a decision in either game.
- Michael Conforto is 6 for 14 with four homers and nine RBI’s in his career against Corbin, while Keon Broxton is 6 for 10 with a double and a triple against him. The Mets are starting Conforto in right, batting fifth, but chose to sit Broxton.
- Juan Lagares is starting in center field today, giving Brandon Nimmo the night off, and will bat eighth.
- J.D. Davis, who homered twice against Corbin in New York on April 6, is in the Mets’ lineup today, starting at third base and batting second.
View the original article on Metstradamus: 5/15/19 Game Preview: New York Mets at Washington Nationals