The Mets will send right hander Noah Syndergaard (2-3, 5.14 ERA) to the mound tonight. Syndergaard was hit hard again in his last outing, giving up five runs (four earned) in six innings against the San Diego Padres last Tuesday, but was bailed out of a loss thanks to a late rally that saw the Mets pick up a 7-6 win. The Nationals will counter with righty Jeremy Hellickson (2-1, 5.52 ERA). Hellickson was also crushed in his last start, giving up six runs (although just three were earned) in four innings to take a loss against the Milwaukee Brewers last Wednesday.
New York Mets Lineup:
- The Mets have gone 3-3 against the Nationals so far this season, with Washington winning two out of three when the teams last met on the first weekend of April.
- The Mets did win two out of three in Washington to start the season.
- Syndergaard is 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA in two starts against the Nationals this season.
- Hellickson is 3-4 with a 6.71 ERA in 10 career starts against the Mets.
- After sitting out Saturday’s game, Wilson Ramos is back in the Mets’ lineup. Ramos will catch and bat sixth.
- Anthony Rendon (10 for 32, 2 2B, 2 HR, 7 RBI’s) and Victor Robles (3 for 4, 2 HR) have had noted success against Syndergaard.
- Ramos (3 for 11, HR, 3 RBI’s), Robinson Cano (5 for 17, 2 2B, 2 HR, 4 RBI’s) and Juan Lagares (3 for 7, HR) have all fared well against Hellickson.
- The Mets have activated Jeurys Familia from the 10-day disabled list. Reliever Eric Hanhold was optioned to AAA Syracuse to make room for Familia on the active roster.
View the original article on Metstradamus: 5/14/19 Game Preview: New York Mets at Washington Nationals