The Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade and Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant exchanged words over social media when it was revealed that Durant would rather take ex-teammate and current Houston Rockets guard James Harden over Wade when naming the Top 10 players in the league at the moment.
Wade has been mentioned among the league’s best since his arrival into the league. He brought the city its first NBA championship in 2006 and helped lead the team to consecutive championships alongside LeBron James and Chris Bosh in 2012 and 2013.
Harden is quickly becoming a household name after he was traded to Houston prior to the 2013 season. He put up monster numbers in his first season as an All-Star and is prepping to improve on his All-Star season. Wade has played with more consistency while Harden only has one great season under his belt.
Durant may have only been sticking up for his former teammate because he feels Wade’s time has come and gone. Harden is an up and coming player who definitely deserves recognition but he did not make MiamiHeat101.com’s Top 10 list of current NBA Players. As for Wade, he rounds out the Top 10.
1. LeBron James- The “King” has reigned supreme in the NBA the past few seasons and enters 2013-14 as the top player in the game. He has been the league MVP over the past few seasons and picked up his first two championships. In addition to being a stat sheet stuffer, James has become more efficient from the floor and is attempting to average 80 percent from the line this year.
2. Kevin Durant- He’s a skilled shooter who can connect from anywhere on the court and with the ball in his hands, nothing but good things happen. No one is more reliable with the game on the line than Durant and with an NBA Championship could have the media and fans questioning if he’s better than James.
3. Kobe Bryant- Five World Championships in and 18 seasons worth of hooping and the “Black Mamba” is still in the Top 3. He suffered a dreadful Achilles injury at the end of last season and could not help the LA Lakers in the postseason. A proven track record and his ability to score at will on anybody allow him to be amongst the NBA elite.
4. Chris Paul- The great floor general who cannot seem to find the NBA Finals but is still amongst the league’s smartest and best players. He is a proven franchise player who took the LA Clippers to the postseason in his first season playing for them. Paul is the arguably the league’s best point guard and his ability to score in the clutch gives him spot in the Top 10.
5. Carmelo Anthony- He was an early candidate for MVP and led the New York Knicks to their first Atlantic Division title since 1994. Anthony scores and bunches and is as good as anyone when it comes to clutch shooting.
6. Russell Westbrook- Westbrook is as quick as they come and will attack the basket with reckless abandon. You can count on him for 20 points and eight assists on a nightly basis and makes the tandem with him and Durant lethal.
7. Dwight Howard- Still not the difference maker that he was hyped to be but can be the reason your point guard won’t come into the paint. D12 makes the move to the Houston Rockets and will get a double-double every night while adding almost three blocks a game. The game should become a lot easier with the supporting cast and having Hakeem Olajuwon and Kevin McHale to pass him pointers as gets acclimated to his new team.
8. Derrick Rose- The Chicago Bulls don’t have many scoring options and adding the former MVP to the mix will give the Bulls an added dimension they were missing last year. Rose should be able to regain his ability to be a difference maker to help his team finally get past the Heat.
9. Kevin Love- It wasn’t long ago that he was putting up monster numbers and almost leading his team to its first playoff berth since the Kevin Garnett era. He’s a double-double machine who still hasn’t reached his highest potential yet. If healthy, he could be higher on this list.
10. Dwyane Wade- He’s a three time champion and 2006 Finals MVP. Wade deserves to be on this list because of his ability to be effective despite the woes of his knees. Even with James and Chris Bosh in the mix, Wade still commands attention from opposing defenses. He has proven to be more efficient from the field even with a decrease in scoring.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Dwyane Wade Leads Miami Heat Attack Against the San Antonio Spurs, Lock Series at 2-2
- Dwyane Wade Wins 2012-13 NBA Kia Community Assist Award
- LeBron James Gets Married in San Diego
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11zm