News came out this week that the Miami Dolphins were one of the suitors for the services of Chris Johnson while he was still a member of the Tennessee Titans. But apparently the cost was too high for the somewhat rebuilding Dolphins. The Buffalo Bills were also mentioned as a trade partner but either they were rebuffed or found the price too high for their liking.
So the Titans cut him and his $8 million dollar per year salary loose. He's on the open market but has not been signed as of yet. Should the Dolphins try to lure him in as a free agent? He did set records a couple of season back but has been ordinary the past couple of seasons. From ESPN.com his career stats include:
Would he have been an upgrade over Lamar Miller? Indeed, but what about Knowshon Moreno? Here are his stats since 2009.
Johnson doubled Moreno's rushing yardage with only one more year of experience. So perhaps the Dolphins looked at the "tread on the tires" and figured Moreno has more of that "new car smell" at the moment with plenty of potential and a friendlier cap number. We'll keep an eye on where Johnson lands and see if he outrushes the choice of the Fins this season.
- Miami Dolphins Announce Signing of Former Running Back Larry Czonka on April 1
- Miami Dolphins Bring in Free Agent Running Back Knowshon Moreno, Former Guard John Jerry Leaves for the New York Giants
- Miami Dolphin Owner Stephen Ross Wants to Bring Former Dolphin Quarterback Dan Marino “Home”
- Miami Dolphin Free Agency: Day 2
- Miami Dolphin Backfield Cramped with Knowshon Moreno Signing – Who is the Odd Man Out?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/19wy