Hometown: Massapequa, NY
Fan Since: I was born
1) How did you come to be a Miami Dolphins' fan? And how is it dealing with the non-Phin fan base in your city/town?
I grew up in the 80s and during that time Dan Marino was the man. So I followed him and the Dolphins and stuck with them ever since. Living in NY, whenever I go to the Jets/Dolphins games at MetLife Stadium, I constantly hear Jets’ fans talking trash, but I'm from NY so I have thick skin.
2) Who is your all-time favorite Dolphin and why?
Dan Marino was my favorite because that’s who I followed when I was growing up and I think he is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.
3) What is your most prized Miami Dolphin possession?
That’s a tough one…I have a Dan Marino autographed jersey that I really like and last year my wife got me the 1972 perfect season helmet with the whole 1972 team signatures.
4) Have you ever had a chance to see the Dolphins play live? Describe your first experience.
I have seen the Phins play live, but only in NY. They play with a lot of heart. I’m planning on going to my first Dolphins’ game in Miami this year in December.
5) Do you have friends or family members who are also fans?
6) Do you believe that the Dolphins could ever get to another Super Bowl? If so, what would be needed to do so?
I think Miami could definitely get to another super bowl and I think it could happen within the next couple of years. Recently they never seemed to have all of the pieces, but this past offseason they spent a lot of money to fill a lot of the gaps that they had so I think they have a good shot this year to make it.
7) What are your hopes for the 2013 season?
My hopes are realistic. I’m hoping for 9-7 or 10-6 record this year. I’m hoping for the wild card spot and then hoping to make a run for the Super Bowl.
8) Nick’s Final thoughts
I was glad to see the Dolphins spend some money this offseason, but some of the contracts were a little foolish and will hurt us towards the cap over the next couple of years.
I was also very hesitant with Tannehill when they were going to draft him because of his inexperience as a QB in college, but he has proven me wrong. I’m glad he did.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Perfect 1972 Miami Dolphins Team Going to the White House
- Miami Dolphins Training Camp Week 1 Recap
- Breaking News: Miami Dolphins’ Tight End, Dustin Keller Leaves Game Due to Knee Injury
- 2013′s First Scrimmage Shows Miami Dolphins Ready as They’ll Ever Be for Upcoming Season
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/106f