It's that time of year again. Yes, the Memphis Grizzlies have set their summer league roster and action begins on Saturday July 13. Both of this year's draft picks (Jamaal Franklin and Janis Timma) will be attending alongside a few other guys from last season's roster: Jon Leuer, Tony Wroten, Willie Reed and Donte Green. The roster rounds out with some well-known college players and some guys from overseas: Vander Blue, Matt Howard, Laurence Bowers, Jack Cooley, Darington Hobson and Gerald Robinson. The team will play in pool to start, then they will be seeded and play in a playoff type of tournament, which will end with a summer-league champion. This is the first year some team will actually win the summer league. Here is the schedule so far:
It will be good to see the two new guys play. Jamaal Franklin is an elite athlete and will be exciting to watch, and Timma can supposedly really play. Throw in the guys from last year's team, Grizzlies' fans will be able to get a good look at some guys they're not accustomed to seeing play.
- Who is the Newest Memphis Grizzly Janis Timma?
- Memphis Grizzlies 2012-13 Season Grades: Mike Conley
- Lionel Hollins Vs Memphis Grizzlies Front Office: Monday Morning Raw
- George Karl, Alvin Gentry and Ed Pinckney Possibilities for New Memphis Grizzlies Head Coach
- Memphis Grizzlies Express Interest in Former Denver Nuggets Head Coach George Karl
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/x7i