Memphis Flyer reported Monday morning that the Memphis Grizzlies had declined to match the qualifying offers for Austin Daye and Jon Leuer. Both players came to the Grizzlies from mid-season trades and played minimal roles throughout the season.
Memphis will most likely let Daye walk. He performed rather poorly in his short stint in Memphis, and it has long been assumed he would not return next season. However, Leuer is expected to be brought back. The Grizzlies will most likely offer Leuer a deal just below the qualifying offer price. The power forward showed some promise with a good shooting touch last season, and he could see even more time next year with the absence of Darrell Arthur. Perhaps, he could deepen his range and become a 3-point threat.
- 2012-2013 Memphis Grizzlies Season Grades: Tayshaun Prince
- Memphis Grizzlies 2012-2013 Season Grades: Jerryd Bayless
- 2012-2013 Memphis Grizzlies Season Grades: Ed Davis
- Memphis Grizzlies 2012-2013 Season Grades: Zach Randolph
- Memphis Grizzlies 2012-2013 Season Grades: Tony Allen
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/wrs