New Manchester United manager David Moyes knows the pair very well from his time at Goodison Park, and it has long been speculated that he is very keen to take one, if not both of the players, and link them up with him at Old Trafford.
Everton on the other hand, are very determined to keep hold of both players and know that their ability and qualities will help them push for a top four spot. In a statement released by the club, it said:
Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.
It could be argued though, that United are offering $25 million (£16m) for the player, considering they have previously this summer had a $17 million (£12m) bid for Baines rejected.
According to reports in the UK, Fellaini's contract had a $36 million release clause in it, but that reportedly expired at the end of July this summer.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Everton’s Roberto Martinez Says He Has Received No Bids from Manchester United for Marouane Fellaini
- Everton Snub First Leighton Baines Bid from Manchester United
- Manchester United’s Alexander Buttner is not Worried by Leighton Baines Signing for the Club
- Manchester United Boss David Moyes Believes His Current Squad Can Retain the Title
- Manchester United Winger Nani Believes Every Player Has to Prove Himself
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zku