Los Angeles Kings will have another championship parade on Wednesday, June 18. This time instead of Downtown LA it will be through Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach at 3:00 p.m.
The Kings have tremendous support from the South Bay and most players, coaches, and staff live in the area.
The parade will last approximately 90 minutes, with no rally to follow.
There will be two to three players on each of the 15 Toyota Tundras, and the mayors of each city are scheduled to be there.
1. BEGIN — Redondo Beach Police Department
2. Redondo Beach Pier turnaround
3. Left on Catalina
4. Left on Beryl
5. Right on Harbor
6. Left onto 2nd St to Strand
7. Right on 22nd St
8. Left on Hermosa Ave
9. Right on Greenwich Village
10. Left on Manhattan Ave
11. END – Manhattan Beach Blvd
Throughout the post season it’s been said that the team is a real tight group. When the won the Cup in 2012 they all headed to a local bar, and they did the same in 2014. On their days off they get together, have dinners, or hang out at each other’s houses.
In Hermosa Beach, you have players like Drew Doughty, Jarret Stoll and Jeff Carter. In Manhattan Beach you have Justin Williams, team Captain Dustin Brown, Jonathan Quick, Anze Kopitar, Trevor Lewis, and coach Darryl Sutter.
Throughout the area you can find the guys at the grocery store, dropping their kids off at school, having dinner, getting their playoff beards trimmed off, and being, well, non-hockey players. The area has numerous supportive Kings banners throughout.
In 2012 they also had a parade on Jarret Stoll’s birthday in Hermosa Beach.Tags: Hockey, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Kings, NHL
- Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Championship Parade and Rally
- Los Angeles Kings 2014 Championship Parade and Rally
- Los Angeles Kings Rally Towel: June 7 Update- Keep Track
- June 11, 2012: the Anniversary of When the Los Angeles Kings were Crowned
- Los Angeles Kings: June 6 Update
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c4b