It couldn’t have been a more Southern California day for hockey, especially in this inaugural series long awaited 20 years. With the sun blazing 99 degree the Freeway Faceoff Battle went underway, as the Kings entered the ice with fire in their hearts . The Ducks were certain they were going to put this Western Conference Second Round series to rest but the Kings had other plans in mind.
The Kings came out with speed and purpose, heavy on the forecheck, towards the end they slowed down but regardless they made the push along with some phenomenal saves by Johnathan Quick.
Quick made 21 saves, much of which was point blank, proving his major technique and skill. John Gibson was in net for the Ducks making 21 saves as well.
Shots 22- 23
Power Plays 0/5- 0/4
Hits 35- 39
Faceoff Wins 27- 40
Blocked Shots 16- 14
Jake Muzzin started the game by putting the Kings on the map with assists to Anze Kopitar and Marian Gaborik.
The Kings took a 2-0 lead in the second period with a goal from Trevor Lewis with assists to Justin Williams and Slava Voynov.
The third period was scoreless despite some amazing opportunities for the Kings. The Ducks had opportunities as well but the Kings just weren’t going to let that happen.
The Southern California battle is not over yet. The Freeway Faceoff continues with Game 7 taking place at Honda Center, Friday, at 6:00 p.m. on NBCSN. The winner meets the Chicago Blackhawks in the Western Conference Final.
- Round 2 Game 5: Los Angeles Kings Fall 4-3 to the Anaheim Ducks
- Round 2 Game 3: Los Angeles Kings Fall 3-2 to the Anaheim Ducks Ending Their Winning Streak
- Round 2 Game 4: Los Angeles Kings Get Shutout 2-0 by the Anaheim Ducks
- Round 2 Game 1: Los Angeles Kings Win It 3-2 in Overtime Against the Anaheim Ducks
- Round 2 Game 2: Los Angeles Kings a 2-0 Lead in the Series Conquering the Anaheim Ducks 3-1
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b0q