The Los Angeles Kings recalled Martin Jones from the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League and assigned J.F. Berube to the Monarchs, announced Monday morning. Berube was recalled by the Kings in February 7.
Jones, in 12 games with the Kings this season, managed to be the NHL’s second star of the week (second week of December), the NHL’s Co-Rookie for the month of December with the Chicago Blackhawks goaltender Antti Raanta, first goaltender in the League’s history to allow an average of less than one goal per game while winning each of his first five career games, stopped all shootout attempts, and tied the record for best-career NHL Starts. Going 8-4-0, gave him a record of 1.71 goals against average, .940 save percentage and three shutouts.
EYECANDYAIR, who designed starting goaltender, Jonathan Quick’s Kings and Olympics masks, released a glimpse of Jones’ new mask on Monday.
The Kings logo is still dominant on his mask but he has replaced the Monarchs lion with the Kings mascot Bailey, who recently won for most “Most Awesome Mascot” in the 4th annual Hall of Game Awards.
- Los Angeles Kings Goaltender Ben Scrivens Traded and Martin Jones Recalled
- Tyler Toffoli and Martin Jones to the Manchester Monarchs
- Los Angeles Kings Rookie Goaltender Martin Jones Tied for Best-Career Start in NHL History
- Los Angeles Kings Phenomenally Successful Rookie Goaltender Martin Jones Assigned to the Manchester Monarchs
- Los Angeles Kings: Well-Accomplished Rookie Goaltender Martin Jones Turns 24
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18lm