Canada defeated Norway 3-1 in with goals from Shea Weber, Jamie Benn and Drew Doughty at Bolshoy Ice Dome on Thursday.
Canada’s victory didn’t come easy, as at times they looked out of sync, and Norway had a power play in the final two minutes when they were down two goals.
Norway was able to keep Canada scoreless in the first period as all nine of their shots were stopped. In the second period Canada got two goals. In the third period Norway fired an unassisted goal, but Drew Doughty of the Los Angeles Kings for Canada answered back with what he claims his first backhand goal with 1:47 left in the game.
It was a very California Canadian team as Doughty was paired with San Jose Sharks mar Eduard Vlasic and his goal was fed by Ryan Getzlaf of the Anaheim Ducks. Doughty recorded one goal, one assist, two shots on goal, a plus-2 rating, and team-high 20:41 minutes of ice time.
Jeff Carter had 22 shifts, and led in the first period with 5:29 of ice time in the first period.
Game highlights: nbcolympics.com/video/canada-tops-norway-mens-hockey-3-1
Next game is Canada vs. Austria, Friday February 14 on USA 9:00 am EST.
- Los Angeles Kings Drew Doughty and Jeff Carter to Team Canada
- Los Angeles Kings Send the Vancouver Canucks Packing with a 5-1 Vicotry
- Martin Jones in His Second NHL Start, Gets His First NHL Career Shutout, Leading the Los Angeles Kings in a 3-0 Over the New York Islanders
- Los Angeles Kings Jonathan Quick to Start in Team USA’s Opener
- Los Angeles Kings Rookie Goaltender Martin Jones Tied for Best-Career Start in NHL History
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/189j