He suffered the injury when Anaheim forward Kyle Palmieri collided with him and goaltender Jonathan Quick in the third period of the Stadium Series game.
Martinez spoke with Jon Rosen of lakingsinsider.com and remembers his elbow being wrapped around the post the wrong way and immediately knowing something was wrong. He finished the game that Saturday but didn’t join the team on the two game road trip.
He is taking it day-to-day; icing it, working out, gym, and rehab. The injury has no tears or breaks and doesn’t require injury so he hopes to be back soon.
UPDATE: Martinez continues to practice taking the ice on Sunday, February 2, at Toyota Sports Center
- Los Angeles Kings Defenseman Alec Martinez Out Due to Hyperextended Shoulder
- Los Angeles Kings Defenseman Alec Martinez Hopes to Stay in the Line-Up
- Former Los Angeles Kings Player Dustin Penner Takes a Hard Hit
- Colorado Avalanche Takes an Overtime Goal Defeating the Los Angeles Kings 4-3
- Los Angeles Kings Defenseman Matt Green Being Evaluated for a Concussion
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17mn