The Kings ended up falling 2-1 to the Anaheim Ducks, but the game was one to set the tone for Saturday.
The game was full of every intense moment in a hockey game, from controversy, penalties, goals, a disallowed goal, checks, and saves. The standing-room only crowd at Honda Center ragged with a mixture of “Go Kings Go” and “Let’s Go Ducks” chants.
The Kings came out in the first period strong and with good energy alongside goaltender Jonathan Quick, who was magnificent yet again in the crease for the team.
At 3:13 in the first period Anze Kopitar got the one and only goal for the Kings from Trevor Lewis and Dwight King, and kept that lead halfway through the second period.
The second period however the Ducks got two goals, one a power play goal from former King Dustin Penner.
Both teams gave their best efforts in the third period, and the Kings had some great scoring chances, as they pulled Quick in the last minute for an extra attacker but the Ducks took home the two points.
Both teams will make history on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. in the first ever Stadium Series outdoor game at Dodger Stadium.
- KISS to Play at Stadium Series- Los Angeles Kings Vs. Anaheim Ducks Game
- Legendary Ban KISS To Perform at Los Angeles Kings vs Anaheim Ducks Stadium Series Game
- Stadium Series Ticketing Update-Los Angeles Kings Vs. Anaheim Ducks
- Dwight King Puts It Through for the Los Angeles Kings and Martin Jones Stops All Nine of the Anaheim Ducks Shooters to Give the Kings a 3-2 Shootout Victory at Honda Center
- Los Angeles Kings Dominate One of Their California Rivals, the San Jose Sharks, with a 4-1 Victory
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/171c