Voynov’s career started in 2005-08 when he appeared and played in Russia’s Super League, for the team Traktor Chelyabinsk. And in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft he became the Kings 32nd overall pick.
He played for the Kings American Hockey League team the Manchester Monarchs, from 2008- 11, participating the AHL-All-Star Game in 2011 representing the Easter Conference.
In the 2011-12 season Voynov began playing for the Kings and played some key defense and scored some key goals to help the Kings win their first Stanley Cup in franchise history.
The following season was a lockout and Voynov went back to the Monarchs until the lockout was over but on June 18th, 2013, Voynov and the LA Kings agreed on a six year, $25 million contract extension.
The 6’ 0” 190-pound defenseman has played a 149 regular season games in the NHL recording 62 points (17G-45A), a plus-20 rating and 50 penalty minutes.
In 38 playoff contest he has recorded, 16 points (7G-9A), a plus-10 rating and four penalty minutes.
Happy Birthday and Best Wishes!
- Los Angeles Kings Defenseman Slava Voynov to Represent Team Russia
- Los Angeles Kings: Slava Voynov Kings Vision Interview Translated
- Los Angeles Kings Kyle Clifford Turns 23
- Trevor Lewis of the Los Angeles Kings Turns 27
- Los Angeles Kings #77 Jeff Carter Turns 29
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16sr