Defenseman Derek Forbort and center Nick Shore have been loaned to the Manchester Monarchs, the Los Angeles Kings announced on Wednesday. That leaves the Kings 2013 training camp roster with 29 players.
Shore, who will turn 21 on Thursday, was a third round pick in 2011. During last Fridays game against the Colorado Avalanche, where the Kings lost 4-3 in overtime, he recorded a goal and an assist. Shore is scheduled to make his professional regular season debut with the Monarchs on October 5 at Springfield (where they will open their season).
Forbort, 21, was selected 15thoverall in 2010. After turning pro last season, he appeared in 10 regular season and postseason games with the Monarchs, and recorded one assist. He played one preseason game, which was in the split-squad home game against the Phoenix Coyotes. During that game he was paired with fellow University of North Dakota product Matt Greene.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- The Los Angeles Kings Remain with 31 Players on the Roster
- Seven Players from the Los Angeles Kings Invited to Orientation for the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Four Los Angeles Kings Players Have Filed for Arbitration
- Los Angeles Kings, Chicago Blackhawks Will Be Without Key Players in Game 4
- Nine Los Angeles Kings Players Make It to the Top 200 Overall Fantasy Hockey Rankings
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11e4