Dee Gordon and Yasiel Puig, two of the Los Angeles Dodgers’ most productive players this season, left the game early against the Colorado Rockies with injury. Puig’s injury came while trying to break up a double play, apparently hurting his hip while sliding awkwardly. Gordon’s injury is a bit more unclear, and was described as “hip discomfort.”
Either player missing extended time could be potentially devastating to a ballclub in desperate need of a spark. The Dodgers have been noticeably more aggressive since Don Mattingly questioned the team’s chemistry and focus, but they certainly could not withstand the loss of two of their most dynamic players to injury.
- Rift Between Don Mattingly and Yasiel Puig is Overblown
- Details of Yasiel Puig’s Defection Puts Performance for Los Angeles Dodgers in Perspective
- Examining Yasiel Puig as a Leadoff Option for the Los Angeles Dodgers
- Improved Plate Discipline Taking Yasiel Puig and the Los Angeles Dodgers to Next Level
- Yasiel Puig’s Production Key to Los Angeles Dodgers’ Success in 2014
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1btf