According to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, Chris Capuano is close to signing a deal with the Boston Red Sox. Capuano pitched for the Los Angeles Dodgers last season, making 20 starts and pitching 105.2 innings while posting a 4.26 ERA.
Capuano, 34, was signed to a free-agent contract by the Dodgers in 2011. He made 33 starts in 2012, going 12-12 over 198.1 innings with the team. Capuano was seemingly on the outside looking in as a part of last year’s rotation, but injuries opened the door for him to make a number of starts for the Dodgers in 2013.
Injuries have been a big concern for Capuano as of late, and he missed significant time with the Dodgers last year. The terms of the contract were not available, but Cafardo notes that the Red Sox are likely to make an announcement either today or tomorrow.
- Report: Los Angeles Dodgers Talking Extension with Hanley Ramirez
- Report: Los Angeles Dodgers Close to Deal with Cuban Shortstop Erisbel Arruebarruena
- Los Angeles Dodgers Sign Chone Figgins to Minor League Deal
- Los Angeles Dodgers Sign Trayvon Robinson to Minor League Deal
- Los Angeles Dodgers Sign Justin Turner to Minor League Deal
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18fp