Ervin Santana, the free-agent former ace of the Kansas City Royals, is of interest to the Los Angeles Dodgers and several others, according to a report by Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish. The market for Santana was expected to quickly take shape after the signing of Masahiro Tanaka, and now that Matt Garza has signed with the Milwaukee Brewers, the market for Santana should be even clearer.
That the Dodgers are interested in Santana is not surprising, though their level of interest is certainly debatable. The Dodgers have clearly been looking for additional pitching help all offseason, having been linked to Tanaka, Bronson Arroyo and Santana at different points in time. It seems unlikely that the Dodgers would want to commit anything beyond two years when they have a passel of minor league pitchers beginning to knock on the door of the big league club.
- Masahiro Tanaka Signs with New York Yankees
- Los Angeles Dodgers Continually Linked to Bronson Arroyo
- Los Angeles Dodgers Sign Trayvon Robinson to Minor League Deal
- Los Angeles Dodgers Must Now Deal with the Fifth Starter Conundrum
- The Los Angeles Dodgers and the Pursuit of Masahiro Tanaka
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/179u