Ben Crane, who released a rap video called "Bubble Boy" on Tuesday that lampooned his standing in the FedEx Cup points rankings, had to withdraw from The Barclay's during his second round due to an injury to his lower back. He played four holes before notifying officials he couldn't continue.
Crane was disappointed as he had carded a 67 in the first round, and appeared to be in position to possibly extend his stay in the FedEx Cup points race, despite being the lowest ranked competitor qualifying coming into The Barclay's.
As his early morning tweet below would indicate, he was in a good mood prepping for round two as the sun was rising over the Manhattan skyline.
Fun view during warm up. pic.twitter.com/TGYHhZoI5c— Ben Crane (@bencranegolf) August 23, 2013
So the season ends for "Bubble Boy", but the good news is that he's ensured his place for 2014 on the PGA Tour with fully exempt status. We're looking forward to more videos from Crane and his fellow "Golf Boys" in the coming months.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Ben Crane Makes Light of His FedEx Cup Ranking with “Bubble Boy” Rap Video
- Patrick Reed and John Huh Go Low at Greensboro – Bubble Sitters Crash and Burn
- Padraig Harrington, Peter Hanson, on the Bubble Heading into Greensboro
- FedEx Cup Qualifying on the Line After Round One in Greensboro
- Bubble Talk: President’s Cup – Who Should Be Fred Couple’s Captain’s Picks?
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zjq