That's the word that best describes the Red Wings in Tuesday's 3-0 loss to the Bruins, who now lead the series 2-1.
But help may be on the way for the Wings, as they look to even things back up in Game 4 (8 p.m, Fox Sports Detroit, NBC Sports Network).
|Henrik Zetterberg*||Pavel Datsyuk||Justin Abdelkader|
|Tomas Tatar||Riley Sheahan||Todd Bertuzzi|
|Johan Franzen||Darren Helm||Gustav Nyquist|
|Drew Miller||Luke Glendening||David Legwand|
|Niklas Kronwall**||Brendan Smith|
|Kyle Quincey||Danny DeKeyser|
|Brian Lashoff||Jakub Kindl|
|Jimmy Howard (starting)|
*-Zetterberg is a game-time decision. Tomas Jurco will take his place if he can't go.
**-Kronwall is on baby watch. Xavier Ouellet will take his place if he has to welcome his firstborn into the world.
|Milan Lucic||David Krejci||Jarome Iginla|
|Brad Marchand||Patrice Bergeron||Reilly Smith|
|Justin Florek||Carl Soderberg||Loui Eriksson|
|Jordan Caron||Gregory Campbell||Shawn Thornton|
|Zdeno Chara||Dougie Hamilton|
|Johnny Boychuk||Matt Bartkowski|
|Kevan Miller||Torey Krug|
|Tuukka Rask (starting)|
What to Watch For:
- Captain's Return: Henrik Zetterberg has returned to practice and will be a game-time decision tonight. However, if he does play, he may only get 10-12 minutes of ice time since he has been out since February after having back surgery. He has to receive clearance from his doctor first, but Wings' coach Mike Babcock has Zetterberg penciled in the lineup.
"I'm hopeful, but we'll know at game time, after warm-ups."
- Bert's back, too: The only certain change is that Todd Bertuzzi will be in the lineup tonight. He will take Tomas Jurco's spot on the second line, which is a move that Babcock said that he lost sleep over. This could also be Bertuzzi's curtain call in Detroit, as he is set to be an unrestricted free agent in July.
- Daddy Day Care: Pavel Datsyuk was not at practice yesterday, which created some concern. The reason was that he and his wife, Svetlana welcomed a baby girl into the world yesterday. Datsyuk tweeted that he will still play tonight. Also, Niklas Kronwall and his girlfriend are expecting their first child, but as of 5:00 p.m. EDT, no word on whether Little Kronwall has arrived. The team recalled Xavier Ouellet from Grand Rapids to take Kronwall's spot.
- Marchand the Flopper: Bruins forward Brad Marchand was greeted with plenty of jeers and four-letter expletives after a knee-on-knee collision with Brendan Smith. Smith was penalized for the hit, but Marchand, who was hit on his left knee, left the ice favoring his right knee. He also returned to the game and didn't appear to be seriously injured. Smith did not receive any supplemental discipline from the NHL. For the record, the NHL has no rules on embellishers. Will Smith or even Luke Glendening stand up to Marchand if he starts any funny business again?
- This and that: The Bruins will not make any changes to tonight's lineup…The Red Wings are 13-6 in Game 4's under Babcock, and 5-1 when trailing 2-1…The Bruins are 7-7 in Game 4's under Claude Julien, but are only 2-3 when leading 2-1.
Here is some video inspiration for tonight. LGRW.
Tags: Detroit, Detroit Red Wings, Henrik Zetterberg, Hockey, NHL, Niklas Kronwall