Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader was the latest Red Wing to be injured after Saturday's 4-1 loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Abdelkader was injured after a hit to his head from the Penguins' Deryk Engelland.
Engelland likely faces a suspension of at least five games, due to the fact that Abdelkader was injured, and that he is a repeat offender after receiving supplemental discipline for a similar infraction in December 2011.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Detroit Red Wings’ Teemu Pulkkinen Suspended for 4 Preseason Games
- Detroit Red Wings Call up Tomas Jurco from AHL
- Detroit Red Wings Prospect Teemu Pulkkinen to Have Disciplinary Hearing
- Short-handed Detroit Red Wings Blitzed by Pittsburgh Penguins in Preseason Action
- Detroit Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins: Preseason Game Notes
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15l4