The Red Wings found a way to get under the salary cap for the 2013-14 season, and managed to do so by doing the following:
- Waived Cory Emmerton (Emmerton cleared waivers, meaning he will report to Grand Rapids. However, he is still with the team. More on that later.)
- Placed Darren Helm and Patrick Eaves on long term injured reserve. Both players will have to sit a minimum of 10 games before returning to action. With Helm out, Emmerton was not sent to Grand Rapids, and will play for the Wings when they open the season.
- Assigned Gustav Nyquist to Grand Rapids. Nyquist is one of two players (Danny DeKeyser is the other) who can be sent down without waivers. Nyquist will be back with the big boys before long, which likely means someone else might get shown the door before too long.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Detroit Red Wings Place Cory Emmerton on Waivers, Look to Get Cap Compliant
- Detroit Red Wings’ AHL Affilate Grand Rapids Griffins Advance to Calder Cup Finals
- Gustav Nyquist Named Detroit Red Wings Rookie of the Year by DSBA
- Detroit Red Wings Preseason Player Power Rankings: Forwards
- Detroit Red Wings Re-Sign Gustav Nyquist to Two-Year Deal
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11w2