Out with the old, and in with the new.
The Red Wings will face off against the Bruins tonight for the first time as a division rival.
What: Detroit Red Wings at Boston Bruins
When: 7 p.m. tonight
Where: TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Lineups: The Red Wings lineup will look like this:
Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Justin Abdelkader
Daniel Cleary-Stephen Weiss-Tomas Tatar
Gustav Nyquist-Joakim Andersson-Mikael Samuelsson
David McIntyre-Luke Glendening-Jordin Tootoo
Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson
Danny DeKeyser-Jakub Kindl
Adam Almquist-Brian Lashoff
Jimmy Howard (first two periods)
Tom McCollum (third period)
The Bruins lineup will look like this (via Winging It In Motown and Stanley Cup of Chowder):
|Milan Lucic||David Krejci||Jarome Iginla|
|Matt Fraser||Carl Soderberg||Nick Johnson|
|Daniel Paille||Gregory Campbell||Craig Cunningham|
|Rob Flick||Ryan Spooner||Jordan Caron|
|Zdeno Chara||Dougie Hamilton|
|Matt Bartkowski||Zach Trotman|
|Torey Krug||Adam McQuaid|
Notes on tonight's game:
- Daniel Alfredsson (groin), Johan Franzen (hip flexor), Patrick Eaves (knee), Brendan Smith (groin), and Darren Helm (groin) are all out. In addition, Teemu Pulkkinen will not play due to a pending suspension.
- It appears that Mike Babcock is going to keep his top line together for the remainder of the preseason (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Abdelkader). Tatar will take Alfie's spot on the second line, and Cleary will take Franzen's spot. McIntyre is on an AHL contract, so this is likely the only time we will see him in the Winged Wheel.
- Almquist will look to build off his two-goal performance in Monday's win over the Penguins. Interestingly, he is paired with Lashoff tonight, whom he might end up pushing for the seventh defenseman spot.
- Howard will be in net for the first two periods, while McCollum will play in the third. The latter is at least trying to earn a spot in Grand Rapids.
- For the Bruins, tonight will mark the debut of Iginla in a Bruins uniform as he skates with Lucic and Krejci. Campbell will make his return to action for the first time since he broke his leg in June. Trotman is the only player on the blue line who didn't see any action during the playoffs, and he will be battling Krug and Hamilton for a roster spot.
- Depending on what you read, some reports have Chad Johnson starting between the pipes tonight, but others say that Malcolm Subban will start and play the entire game. Johnson is battling for the backup job behind Tuukka Rask. He saw action against the Wings while he was with the Phoenix Coyotes last year.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Detroit Red Wings New Division Rivals: Boston Bruins
- Detroit Red Wings at Pittsburgh Penguins: Preseason Game Notes
- Detroit Red Wings at Chicago Blackhwaks: Preseason Game Notes
- Detroit Red Wings Release 2013-14 Preseason Schedule
- Detroit Red Wings Training Camp News and Notes: Day 1
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1122