In the franchise’s history, the Pistons have called 6 different venues home. While they played in Fort Wayne, Indiana, The Pistons played in the North Side High School Gym until 1952, before moving to the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in 1957.
Since the team’s move to Detroit, they have played in four different arenas. The first stop was Olympia Stadium before moving into the Cobo Arena for 17 years. Under new ownership, the Pistons moved to the Pontiac Silverdome in 1978. They would spend 10 years there before moving into The Palace at Auburn Hills in 1988, where they still play to this day. The arena can seat just over 22,000 fans for Pistons games, which is the largest capacity in the NBA. It is widely considered to be the first of the modern-style NBA arenas, and its large number of luxury suites and amount of LED ribbon contributed to the building boom of the 90's.