At times during the middle of the season, Pooch's Picks felt concerning, considering a human was looking poised to fall to two of his best friends. Despite that, cream eventually rose to the top, and though the pups fought valiantly to the end, the human proved too tough to stop.
Truly, the best was saved for last. During the final week of the season, a sterling 15-1 record by the author helped eliminate any drama and put Pooch's Picks on ice for good. That finish came in handy, because Izzy, the St. Bernard/Golden Retriever mix finished the season strong. An 11-5 week nearly helped propel her into second place, but she ended up in third after battling to the end.
Cooper, meanwhile, struggled to an unfortunate finish. He ended up in second place, but had a rough stretch during the second half, coming in under .500 plenty of weeks down the stretch. He finished with a decent 8-8 week, but that wasn't enough to get the job done and catch a runaway train heading for first place and a opening season victory.
All in all, it was a successful season of treat eating and pick sniffing. Who could disagree with treats? This Thursday, there was a twinge of sadness as both pups simply laid on the floor and waited for their picks segment which would not come. Perhaps there's a playoff special planned for the coming weeks? Don't tell the pups in fear of tail wagging and excitement, but that's the plan.
As for now, here's the final standings, which show that despite the fact that dogs will never take second place as man's best friend, for one season, they must take a back seat as accomplished NFL pickers. Until a later playoff special, we'll see you later in 2014.
The Final Standings:
- Pooch’s Picks, Week 17: Minnesota Vikings a Unanimous Pick Over Detroit Lions in Season Finale
- Pooch’s Picks, Week 6: Detroit Lions a Split Pick on the Road Again; Dogs Continue Broncos Love
- Pooch’s Picks, Week 16: Dogs Predict Detroit Lions’ Season to Take Dive with Loss on Sunday
- Pooch’s Picks, Week 9: Shockingly, Dogs Pick Jacksonville Jaguars to Win First Game
- Pooch’s Picks, Week 2: Dogs Buy into Peyton Manning, Pick Detroit Lions to Lose on the Road
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16dl