Detroit Lions' Injury Report catches fans up on the latest news from the infirmary.
Taking on the Green Bay Packers without Aaron Rodgers allowed the Detroit Lions to survive the loss of cornerback Chris Houston, who was forced to sit out with a foot injury. Now, a week before taking on the quick passing attack of the Philadelphia Eagles, Houston looks poised for a return.
Otherwise, the Lions were without Louis Delmas, Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush on Wednesday. Their ailments might be simple enough to require a tiny bit of rest, however, meaning fans shouldn't read too much into the trio missing practice during the middle of the week as they sometimes do. All in all, Detroit is still one of the healthiest teams in the league. Here's this week's injury report.
Chris Houston, CB. Foot injury. Armchair prognosis: Will play. Impact: Significant.
- No matter how bad Houston has played at times this season, the Lions need him prior to a game with the Eagles, a team which thrives on a fast, deep passing attack with Nick Foles and a trio of talented receivers. Given that Houston is practicing this week, that is good news as it relates to his status this weekend in an important game for the secondary.
Reggie Bush, RB. Calf injury. Armchair prognosis: Will play. Impact: Significant.
- Bush was sidelined with a calf injury on Wednesday, but was a participant in practice on Tuesday. This looks to be a case of the running back taking things slow prior to an important game for the running game against Philadelphia. Not much to read in here, unless Bush managed to miss practice later on the rest of the week. Expect him to see plenty of action against an Eagles' defense giving up 115 yards a game on the ground.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Detroit Lions Injury Report: Reggie Bush Looking Good to Go; Patrick Edwards, Others Return
- Detroit Lions Injury Report: Reggie Bush and Patrick Edwards Sit, Rob Sims and Nick Fairley Limited
- Detroit Lions Injury Report: Calvin Johnson Misses Practice Wednsday, Status for Sunday Still in Doubt
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/14yu