Detroit Lions' Injury Report catches fans up on the latest news from the infirmary.
A hard hitting divisional game with the Chicago Bears surprisingly left the Detroit Lions relatively unscathed on the injury front. While Chicago lost cornerback Charles Tillman for the rest of the year, the Lions remained healthy, losing only Montell Owens due to a relatively benign knee injury.
Owens missed practice on Wednesday along with Ziggy Ansah who's still fighting off the ankle injury which kept him out last week and Bill Bentley, who was also among the missing against Chicago. Calvin Johnson and Louis Delmas were the only two other players to sit out, and as usual, their absence can be attributed to rest. Other than that, it's another quiet week on the injury front.
Ziggy Ansah, DE. Ankle injury. Armchair prognosis: Will not play. Impact: Significant.
- Ansah was missed last week as the Lions hit Jay Cutler and Josh McCown but only registered two sacks on Chicago's quarterback tandem. The fact that Ansah isn't back practicing is cause for concern, and hes likely going to miss a second straight week with the same ankle injury. Devin Taylor, Willie Young and Israel Idonije are capable of holding down the defensive end spot, so thankfully Detroit's depth is looking capable of holding down the fort in the meantime.
Montell Owens, RB. Knee injury. Armchair prognosis: Will not play. Impact: Mildly significant.
- On Monday, Jim Schwartz didn't seem to think Owens knee problem, which was a re-aggravation of a previous injury, would be too serious. He put Owens' prognosis at week to week, but don't expect to see him back too fast if he's not feeling good. Owens is a vital special teams weapon for the Lions, so it would be advantageous for the team to get him back as soon as possible.
Bill Bentley, CB. Knee injury. Armchair prognosis: Will not play. Impact: Significant.
- As last week demonstrated, the more bodies Detroit has in the defensive backfield, the better. Bentley was missed in run defense as well as pass defense. Without him practicing or playing since the Dallas game, it seems that Bentley shouldn't be expected on the field for another week, barring an unforeseen turn of events.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Detroit Lions’ Injury Report: Ziggy Ansah, Louis Delmas Only Two Players Listed Before Week 1
- Detroit Lions’ Injury Report: Nate Burleson Fights Back as Ziggy Ansah’s Ankle Remains Hurt
- Detroit Lions Injury Report: Calvin Johnson Misses Practice Wednsday, Status for Sunday Still in Doubt
- Detroit Lions Injury Report: Calvin Johnson and Rashean Mathis Practice, Plenty Others Inactive
- No Matter What Injury He Sustained, Health Now Most Important for Ziggy Ansah
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/13sc