The 4-3 Dallas Cowboys visit the 4-3 Detroit Lions this weekend for what figures to be a vital game for playoff positioning in the NFC. Though both teams are certainly more than alive in their respective divisions, there's still plenty of reason to believe Sunday's game could eventually matter a bunch come January's inevitable Wild Card discussions.
Dallas suddenly has injury concerns out of durable DeMarcus Ware, their top defensive lineman, and lingering questions about Tony Romo's ability to deliver clutch victories. How big a role will both those elements play in who wins this weekend at Ford Field? This week, Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News helped Lions 101 go inside the Cowboys, and offered his opinions on those matters as well as the play of outstanding rookie lineman Travis Frederick.
(1) Lions 101: Tony Romo is sometimes thought of in many circles as anti-clutch. Will his play, specifically in road games, be the biggest determining factor in how far the Cowboys go during the rest of 2013?
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- The Three Biggest Things: Questioning the Cincinatti Bengals with Mickey Mentzer of Cincy Jungle
- The Three Biggest Things: Questioning the Browns with Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer
- The Three Biggest Things: Questioning the Chicago Bears with the Chicago Tribune’s Dan Wiederer
- The Three Biggest Things: Breaking Down the Packers with Jason Hirschhorn of Acme Packing Co.
- Notecards from Training Camp, Day Three: Spending Tuesday Morning with the Detroit Lions
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12xd