Instead, faceless, nameless "anonymous sources" reported by Jay Glazer during Sunday's NFL on Fox pregame show have accused Suh of being a rogue during practice, doing such things as stomping, kicking and taking cheap shots at his own teammates. Those are some interesting, serious allegations.
Here's the take of some other members of the local and national media regarding the latest allegations, plus a bit more on the Lions penalty issues.
- We start with Carlos Monarrez of the Detroit Free Press, who spoke to the ever-quotable Dominic Raiola about the issue. Raiola, as only he can, described how Suh is a good teammate who "practices hard like a professional should." —Detroit Free Press
- Jim Schwartz, naturally, stood up for his player, saying the report is "unequivocally off base" while pointing out that Lions beat reporters probably wouldn't be scooped on such events happening, considering the access they have to the team. —Detroit News
- As far as penalties are concerned, Don Banks of Sports Illustrated writing at The MMQB took an inside look at the Lions, attempting to explain why the team continually struggles with collecting flags. What he finds as an explanation is definitely interesting. —The MMQB
- Suh's agent Roosevelt Barnes would probably find Glazer's report quite interesting, being he said prior to last Sunday that everyone wants to make his client out to be a villain, considering Suh was just doing his job when he blocked John Sullivan. Wonder what he thinks about Glazers entirely anonymous report from this week. —-Pro Football Talk
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- According to Media, Jim Schwartz Must Produce Wins for Detroit Lions in 2013 to Survive
- Detroit Lions’ Links: Some Training Camp Talking Points as Drills Finally Get Underway
- Detroit Lions Links: Wrapping up This Week’s Matthew Stafford Deal, Examining Playoff Hopes
- Detroit Lions Links: Updates on Camp Battles at Guard, Tight End and Outside Linebacker
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10x2