Detroit Lions' Injury Report catches fans up on the latest news from the infirmary.
The Detroit Lions finally let the cat out of the bag regarding the status of Ziggy Ansah. The defensive end officially has a concussion per the team's first injury report of the season, which was released late Wednesday afternoon.
The good news, though, remains the relative health of the rest of the team. Louis Delmas was the only other player listed on the report, and his knee injury isn't considered serious. Other than Ansah and Delmas, Michael Williams and Montell Owens are the only other dinged up Lions prior to Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings. Here's a bit more on the injuries and their expected impact.
Ziggy Ansah, DE. Concussion. Prognosis: Day to day. Passing of concussion guidelines will determine playing time. Impact: Significant.
- The Lions made it official that Ansah suffered a concussion when he was hit in practice. Things are looking a bit better for the rookie though, as he has been back around practice and was jogging on Wednesday morning. Ansah will need to continue to show he's capable of physical exertion without pain or discomfort to be able to play Sunday. As discussed yesterday, there's no need to rush the rookie back without complete health. During practice the rest of the week and closer to game time on Sunday, fans will likely know more about the status of Ansah as it results to playing against Minnesota.
Louis Delmas, S. Knee. Prognosis: Day to day. Impact: Mildly significant.
- Detroit has limited Delmas most of camp and during the preseason, so the fact that he is listed in the injury report this week with his knee problem isn't surprising. This move seems merely precautionary, as the Lions attempt to have Delmas at full health for the first game of the year. Despite that, it's mildly concerning that the knee still bothers Delmas, as he's missed plenty of time due to that problem the past few years. The Lions would like to keep him healthy during the regular season.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- No Matter What Injury He Sustained, Health Now Most Important for Ziggy Ansah
- Detroit Lions Tuesday 10, Number 4: Ziggy Ansah Has the Physical Tools to Become Great Quickly
- Detroit Lions Tuesday 10, Number 3: Heartbeat Louis Delmas Needs Healthy, Productive 2013 Season
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/107y