The pitchers' duel between the Cleveland Indians' Corey Kluber and the Detroit Tigers' David Price never materialized last night.
The Tigers knocked Kluber out of the game in the third inning and rolled to a 12-1 win in front of a Labor Day afternoon crowd at Progressive Field.
Detroit collected 20 hits, including a pair of home runs by Miguel Cabrera. The Tigers also got homers from Victor Martinez, J.D. Martinez and Tyler Collins.
Cleveland's only run came in the first inning when Carlos Santana doubled to score Michael Brantley.
Price improved his record to 13-10, while Kluber dropped to 13-9.
Carlos Carrasco will start tonight for Cleveland against rookie lefthander Kyle Lobstein.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets. Tags: Baseball, Cleveland, Cleveland Indians, MLB
- Cleveland Indians Visit Detroit Tigers for Three-Game Series
- Kansas City Royals Catch Detroit Tigers: Can Cleveland Indians Catch Them Both?
- Nick Swisher, Corey Kluber Lead Cleveland Indians Back to .500 Mark
- T.J. House, Cleveland Indians Bullpen Blank Minnesota Twins 5-0
- Michael Brantley Home Run Gives Cleveland Indians Biggest Win of the Year
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f5h