Corey Kluber continued to pitch like the Cleveland Indians' new ace in a 7-1 win over the Cincinnati Reds last night at Progressive Field.
Kluber (12-6) gave up just six hits and a run in 7 1/3 innings. He walked two and struck out seven. John Axford pitched the final 1 2/3 innings for his 10th save.
Lonnie Chisenhall hit a three-run homer in the fourth inning, his 11th of the season, to put Cleveland on top 4-0.
Yan Gomes added his 15th home run, a two-run shot, in the eighth inning.
Cleveland and Cincinnati will wrap up their two-game series tonight. Josh Tomlin will start for Cleveland against the Reds' Johnny Cueto. After that, the teams will travel down Interstate 71 and play two more games in Cincinnati.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Lonnie Chisenhall Homers in Cleveland Indians’ 8-3 Win Over Cincinnati Reds
- Cleveland Indians Lose Fourth Game in a Row on West Coast
- Justin Masterson Fires 25 Strikes in a Row as Cleveland Indians Beat Boston Red Sox
- Cleveland Indians Beat San Diego Padres 12-7
- Minnesota Twins Beat Cleveland Indians 1-0 in 10 Innings
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e6r