Justin Masterson lasted only three innings, but the Cleveland Indians hitters bailed him out in a 10-3 win over Los Angeles last night at Dodger Stadium.
Cleveland also turned a triple play in the fourth inning. Left fielder Michael Brantley caught a fly ball and pegged Dee Gordon at the plate. Catcher Yan Gomes then threw out Yasiel Puig, who was trying to move up to second base.
Lonnie Chisenhall hit his ninth home run of the year as the Tribe scored multiple runs in the first, third, sixth and eighth innings to subdue the Dodgers.
Kyle Crockett (2-0) got the win for Cleveland. He came on in the fourth after Masterson gave up three runs in three innings.
David Murphy had three hits for the Tribe, while Michael Brantley, Nick Swisher, Jason Kipnis and Yan Gomes added three apiece.
The Indians (40-43) will settle their three-game series with the Dodgers today at 3:10 p.m. Trevor Bauer will start for Cleveland against Hyun-jin Ryu.
- Michael Brantley Sits Out of Cleveland Indians’ 9-3 Loss to Los Angeles Angels
- Corey Kluber Helps Cleveland Indians Snap Four-Game Losing Streak
- David Murphy, Lonnie Chisenhall Lead Cleveland Indians Past Toronto Blue Jays 15-4
- Zach McAllister Leads Cleveland Indians Past Kansas City Royals
- Cleveland Indians Survive San Diego Padres Rally to Win 8-6
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cnd