Michael Brantley rested from the head and neck injuries he suffered on Monday, and the Cleveland Indians lost to the Los Angeles Angels 9-3 at Progressive Field.
Josh Tomlin (4-4) gave up 11 hits in 5 1/3 innings, while Angels pitcher Matt Shoemaker (4-1) struck out 10 Indians in eight innings.
Lonnie Chisenhall was the Tribe's top hitter; he went 2-for-4 and hit his eighth home run of the season. MIke Trout socked two home runs for the Angels.
Justin Masterson (4-4) will start for Cleveland tonight at 7:05 p.m. against the Angels' C.J. Wilson (7-6).
The Indians did not give an update on Brantley, the reigning American League Player of the Week, who was hurt while trying to break up a double play.
- Michael Brantley Home Run Gives Cleveland Indians Biggest Win of the Year
- Cleveland Indians Ink Michael Brantley to Long-Term Deal
- Michael Bourn Trying to Recover from Hamstring Injury in Time for Opening Day
- Cleveland Indians Lose Fourth Game in a Row on West Coast
- Justin Masterson Fires 25 Strikes in a Row as Cleveland Indians Beat Boston Red Sox
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c5x