Michael Brantley hit a walk-off home run in the 10th inning to give the Cleveland Indians a 5-4 win over the Detroit Tigers last night at Progressive Field.
A loss would have sunk the Tribe to 11.5 games behind the front-running Tigers. Now at 9.5 games behind, the Indians can fight another day.
Jesus Aguilar drove in two runs for Cleveland on an infield hit and a sacrifice fly. Scott Atchison (1-0) kept Detroit off the board in the 10th and picked up the win.
Designated hitter Jason Giambi is set to return to the Indians from the disabled list, and Trevor Bauer will come up from the minors to start against Justin Verlander.
- Cleveland Indians Ink Michael Brantley to Long-Term Deal
- Michael Bourn Trying to Recover from Hamstring Injury in Time for Opening Day
- Cleveland Indians, Justin Masterson Agree to One-Year Deal to Avoid Arbitration
- Tom Hamilton of Cleveland Named Ohio Sportscaster of the Year
- MLB Adds Rule to Reduce Home-Plate Collisions
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b65