Major League Baseball announced an experimental, one-year rule to reduce the number of collisions at home plate.
A baserunner will not be allowed to stray from his path to instigate contact with the catcher.
By the same token, the catcher cannot block the runner's path to the plate unless he has the ball.
- Will Fans Come to Progressive Field for Cleveland Indians’ Last Six Home Games?
- Terry Francona Nominated for AL Manager of the Year Award
- Terry Francona Wins AL Manager of the Year Award
- Terry Francona Rewarded for Impressive Cleveland Indians Season
- St. Louis Cardinals Take World Series Lead on Crazy Final Play
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18lr