Cleveland Indians' fans who held out a sliver of hope that Ubaldo Jimenez would return to the Tribe saw those hopes dashed when he signed a four-year deal with the Baltimore Orioles.
Since the Tribe wasn't about to dole out $50 million over the next four years for Jimenez, that means one of the Tribe's youn returning starters must step up to fill the No. 2 role.
Danny Salazar would seem to be the best candidate, considerin his dynamic pitches and the fact that opponents haven't seen him for a full season. Corey Kluber and Zach McAllister will also be called on to stay healthy and productive in the No. 2 through 4 spots in the rotation.
- Will Ubaldo Jimenez Return to the Cleveland Indians in 2014?
- Ubaldo Jimenez Strikes Out 10 as Cleveland Indians Advance in Playoff Chase
- Ubaldo Jimenez Leads Cleveland Indians’ Free Agent Crop
- Cleveland Indians Offer Ubaldo Jimenez $14 Million Deal for 2014
- Ubaldo Jimenez Declines Option; Cleveland Indians Drop Jason Kubel
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18dc