If the name Bryan LaHair doesn't sound familiar, it should. Just two seasons ago LaHair was named a reserve for the National League All-Star team as a member of the Chicago Cubs.
He'll now have the chance to compete for a spot in the Cleveland Indians organization after he and the club agreed on a minor league contract which included an invitation to Spring Training. The left-hander signed a contract in November of 2012 with Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks of the Japan Pacific League.
His best season came in 2012 when he was participated in the Mid-Summer Classic after hitting .286 with 14 dingers in the first half of the season. After his production came to a screeching halt in the second half of the season, the Cubs released him.
LaHair has the opportunity to provide depth at numerous positions for the Indians but will have a battle on his hands during Spring Training.
- Cleveland Indians Invite Catcher Matt Treanor to Spring Training
- Cleveland Indians Invite David Aardsma, Luke Carlin to Spring Training
- Cleveland Indians Announce 2014 Spring Training Schedule
- Cleveland Indians Equipment Starts Rolling Toward Spring Training
- Ubaldo Jimenez Still Unsigned as Spring Training Approaches
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17rt