The Cleveland Indians added more options at catcher and in the bullpen by inviting Luke Carlin and David Aardsma to spring training.
Carlin, 33, will compete with Matt Treanor for a backup catching spot. He has a .179 career batting average in parts of four seasons with the Padres, Diamondbacks and Indians.
Carlin played 10 games for the Tribe in 2012 before spending last season in the Angels organization.
Aardsma has experience as a closer. He saved 69 games for the Seattle Mariners in 2009-10 before Tommy John surgery wiped out most of the next two seasons.
Aardsma tried to comeback unsuccessfully last year with the Yankees and Marlins before finding a home with the New York Mets. He pitched almost 40 innings and posted a 4.23 ERA.
- Cleveland Indians Invite Catcher Matt Treanor to Spring Training
- Cleveland Indians Announce 2014 Spring Training Schedule
- Cleveland Indians to Add Texas Rangers Outfielder David Murphy
- Cleveland Indians Re-Sign First Baseman David Cooper
- David Ortiz Hits Grand Slam to Fuel Boston Red Sox Comeback Over Detroit Tigers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/174u