Bourn was hurt while trying to steal second base in the final regular season game in Minnesota on Sept. 29. He played through the injury in the Wild Card game against the Tampa Bay Rays.
He should be ready to resume offseason workouts in four to six weeks, according to MLB.com.
The 30-year-old Bourn solidified the Indians’ lineup this year as a consistent leadoff hitter. Joining the team just before spring training, he hit .263 with six homers, 50 RBI and 23 steals.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Cleveland Indians Acquire Arizona Diamondbacks Outfielder Jason Kubel
- Four Keys to the Cleveland Indians’ Success in the Second Half
- Will Fans Come to Progressive Field for Cleveland Indians’ Last Six Home Games?
- Cleveland Indians Prepare for Big Homestand Before All-Star Break
- Cleveland Indians Remain a Mystery as the Trade Deadline Approaches
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12le