The Cleveland Indians score five teams in the first inning and cruised to a 9-4 win over the New York Mets on Saturday night at Progressive Field.
After weeks of struggling at the plate, the Tribe has score 17 runs in the first two games of the Mets series, which will conclude today at 1:05.
Ryan Raburn doubled with the bases loaded to cap the Indians’ five-run rally in the first, making life easy for Tribe starter Corey Kluber (8-5).
Returning from a finger injury, Kluber lasted five innings and gave up two runs. He walked one and struck out five.
Danny Salazar (1-2) will start for Cleveland today. The Mets will counter with Daisuke Matsuzaka (0-3), who spent most of the year with the Tribe’s minor-league team in Columbus before asking for his release.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Zach McAllister Leads Cleveland Indians to 5-2 Win Over Minnesota Twins
- Justin Masterson Leads Cleveland Indians to 1-0 Win Over Texas Rangers
- Nick Swisher Hits Grand Slam as Cleveland Indians Beat New York Mets 8-1
- Three Home Runs Fuel Cleveland Indians’ Comeback Win Over Anaheim Angels
- Cleveland Indians Move Closer to Oakland A’s in Wild-Card Chase
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10dw