The Cleveland Browns will open the preseason schedule tomorrow night at Ford Field against the Detroit Lions. Here's what to watch:
1. The quarterbacks. Obviously, all eyes will be on the quarterback battle between starter Brian Hoyer and Johnny Manziel. Hoyer should start the regular-season opener unless he gets hurt or plays horribly, or if Manziel blows everyone away.
2. Terrance West. We know Ben Tate is capable of carrying the load at running back, but if West shows that he has starter potential, the Browns will be suddenly rich at running back.
3. The defense. Mike Pettine's defenders will finally get a chance to take out their aggressions of someone who is not wearing a Cleveland uniform. Pettine probably won't expose too many of his exotic tricks, but he will be watching to see who has the instincts to take the ball away from the opposing offense.
4. Travis Benjamin. Hopefully, he has recovered from his knee injury and can provide the Browns with a dynamic threat in the punt and kick return game. Simply staying healthy should be his goal for the preseason.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: Cleveland, Cleveland Browns, Football, NFL
- Cleveland Browns Starting Rivalries Heating up Already
- Cleveland Browns Head Coach Mike Pettine Discusses Johnny Manziell, Terrance West After OTAs
- Exclusive Interview: Cleveland Browns WR Andrew Hawkins Ready to Help Team Take Next Step
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1eaz