As expected, Johnny Manziel's battle with Brian Hoyer to become the Cleveland Browns' starting quarterback has dominated the fans' attention in the first week of camp.
A sold-out crowd at the University of Akron's Infocision Stadium will view Manziel's progress first-hand tomorrow at the Family Day practice and scrimmage.
Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said neither man has run too far ahead of the other.
"I hope one of them will make this decision easy on us; one will just take off and really start playing well," he saaid.
Manziel indicated that he is still making the transition from his wide-open college style to the more structured pro set.
"It's not something that I can't handle,and it's something that I'm going to contunue to strive and work for and try to get better at," he said.
While Hoyer has taken the first-team repetitions so far, Manziel will get his turn soon, according to Shanahan.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Should Cleveland Browns Quarterback Johnny Manziel ‘Tone It Down’?
- Cleveland Browns’ Mike Pettine, Johnny Manziel Drawing Criticism from Peers
- Cleveland Browns Skip Johnny Manziel’s Pro Day: What Does It Mean?
- Cleveland Browns Head Coach Mike Pettine Discusses Johnny Manziell, Terrance West After OTAs
- Cleveland Browns Trade up and Down and Still Draft Johnny Manziell
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1e0n