Cleveland Browns head coach Mike Pettine said that quarterback Johnny Manziell and running back Terrance West are learning the team's offense.
Speaking to the media after OTAs (organized team activities). Pettine said of Manziell, "He's trying to learn formations. He's trying to learn basic plays. I think there will be a time down the road for the stuff that makes him special, the improv stuff."
The coach also noted the natural gifts of West, the team's third-round draft pick.
"He's already just flashed some of the things that make him special," Pettine said. "For a big man to move the way he moves, just some of the cuts that he's made. He's got dancer-type feet, but it's in a 230-pound man."
- Cleveland Browns Head Coach Mike Pettine Introduces Coordinators
- Todd McShay: Cleveland Browns Brass Divided on Johnny Manziell
- Cleveland Browns Trade up and Down and Still Draft Johnny Manziell
- Will Cleveland Browns Hiring of Mike Pettine Be Worth the Wait?
- Cleveland Browns to Interview Buffalo Bills Defensive Coordinator Mike Pettine
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bal